The ICT University Foundation USA fellowship program equips young minds who are committed to change and community development with the necessary skills to become the next generation of leaders. The fellowship supports young minds who are working with their communities to create transformational change and addressing sub-Saharan Africa’s most pressing problems. The highly competitive program selects 20 change agents from around sub-Saharan Africa to inspire a wave of innovation. The program is an intensive 3-months policy training and leadership development program which enables fellows to receive hands-on public policy and leadership training.
- Must be under the age of 29 by the closing of the application period (31st August 2020)
- Must have completed at least a High School Diploma prior to the fellowship start date.
- Demonstrated commitment to change in Science, Engineering, Public Service, Public Policy, Education, Finance, ICTs, or related field.
- Must be a Sub-Saharan Africa National
- Be ready to dedicate 9 weekends (3 HOURS PER WEEK) online for the entire duration of the fellowship program (October through December 2020)
- Interested and qualified applicants should submit a statement of purpose and a short resume/CV (2 pages maximum). Your resume should include your extracurricular activities, honors, employment, community service, special skills, and list of 3 referees.
- Statement of Purpose: This is your opportunity to discuss your academic and professional background and specific strengths as a candidate for this position. Start with the big question – what are you proposing to do or what you currently do, how the fellowship fits into your career plans at this time, why is it important, why you, and what impact do you hope to have? What makes you highly effective in this position? Your statement of purpose must be clear and compelling to audiences both inside and outside your field. [250 words maximum, Times New Roman with a font size of 12 and with a double spacing]
- A recent professional headshot suitable for publication.
- A copy of Applicants’ passport, birth certificate, or any form of government-issued ID.
(all applications must be sent to email@example.com using YOURNAME_FELLOWSHIP2020 as the subject)
- Take the connections and skills they acquire during the program and apply them for the benefit of their communities, countries, and region
- Certificate of Leadership will be issued by ICT University to fellows
- A special award will be issued to the most outstanding fellow, he/she will also receive one-on-one mentorship from the President, Board of Trustees, ICT-University System
- Fellows will work on a real-life case study project which will be showcased during the ICT University annual commencement ceremony in Yaounde, Cameroon.