Department: Communications and Public Relations
Position Type: Full-time
Application deadline: 06th October 2022
About The ICT University and Job Summary
The ICT University Cameroon is an American-tailored university approved by the government of the Republic of Cameroon through the Ministry of Higher Education and The Prime Minister’s Office to award degrees in Bachelors, Masters and PhD.
The University is specialized in programs in Information and Communication Technology and Business Management with attention to the use of technologies and their related applications in solving problems in the digital economy. Due to our global and national expansion program, the ICT University Cameroon is now looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Director of Communications and Marketing Operations.
- Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, this is a role for someone with advanced skills in both planning and delivering effective communications.
- Oversee the implementation of both the university’s marketing, branding and communication plans to advance positioning and overall reputation in the short and long term.
- Assist and advice members of the university community regarding communication/public relations issues that have an institutional-wide impact.
- Plan and disseminate internal and external communication of information through various media designed to keep the public informed of university programs and accomplishments.
- Manage the university’s digital presence, with keen attention to websites, social media and SEO, to enhance recruiting efforts, national reputation, development activities and alumni connections.
- Collaborate on university-wide strategies in cooperation with all other university departments.
- Develop a communication and brand guide for ICT-U Cameroon.
- Respond to and follow through on requests for information from the media and the public, determining appropriate, accurate responses and appropriate university contacts for response.
- Manage and continually refine internal communications and outreach strategies.
- Supervise the implementation of ICT-U sponsored events.
- Ensure that marketing strategies and plans for ICT-U are in place, and activities and outcomes are clearly defined.
- Provide support to other departments in the university and guide their communications initiatives, branding and event planning.
- Ensure that marketing strategies are aligned with the university’s initiatives and priorities.
- Periodically review and revise strategy and plan as necessary to meet changing trends and best practices.
- Articulate and document institutional positioning, brand promise and associated value propositions for all ICT-U stakeholders.
- Lead the development of marketing skills and capabilities of relevant personnel in the university and individual programs.
- Oversee the budget and expenses associated with ICT-U Cameroon’s marketing and communications efforts.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in mass communications, marketing, journalism, public relations or related field).
- Solid professional experience required. At least 7 years of experience in the public relations/communications field at varied levels.
- Previous experience in the higher education sector or an academic setting is desirable.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Fluent in oral and written English and French
- Excellent integrated marketing project management skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to be detail-oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills to develop priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with various co-workers.
- Experience in managing sophisticated messaging including crises.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Some knowledge of HTML and CSS, along with understanding/fluency in other web technologies would be desirable but not essential.
Remuneration and Working Conditions
- A meaningful position with a lot of creative freedom in one of the country’s leading university.
- A competitive salary and other social benefits, based on the local realities of Cameroon.
- The future jobholder will adhere to ICT-U Cameroon’s and ICT-U Global values.
ICT-U Cameroon is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality and ethnic backgrounds, to apply for this position.
This is a full-time; ON-CAMPUS position. The previewed start date is October 3rd, 2022. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Fill the form below.
(Should you face any issue with the form, submit your application via email@example.com)