Department: Information Technology
Position Type: Full-time
Application deadline: 30th September 2022
About The ICT University and Job Summary
The ICT University Cameroon is an American-tailored university approved by the government of the Republic of Cameroon through the Ministry of Higher Education and The Prime Minister’s Office to award degrees in Bachelors, Masters and PhD.
The University is specialized in programs in Information and Communication Technology and Business Management with attention to the use of technologies and their related applications in solving problems in the digital economy. Due to our global and national expansion program, the ICT University Cameroon is now looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Assistant Chief Information Technology Officer.
• Report to the Chief Technology Officer
• Act as the Webmaster for The ICT University
• Manage a wide variety of IT systems and support innovation of new systems
• Be responsible for keeping business-critical systems fully operational
• Work closely with Management to execute tasks that rely on Information Technology
• Provide training and support to users on IT systems
• Maintain the highest level of security and confidentiality for all IT systems at all times
• Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage and profitability
• Build quality assurance and data protection processes
The following skills are required, desired or must-have for the Assistant Information Technology Officer
• Experience with at least TWO database systems (MySQL preferred) is a must-have.
• Familiarity with a hosting platform is a must-have (cPanel/WHM preferred).
• Experience with deploying, managing and updating Moodle Learning Management System or other Learning Management System is desired.
• Experience with a Customer Relationship Management System is required.
• It is highly desirable that the candidate should have some experience working with Linux Shell environment.
• Experience working in a virtualization or Cloud environment (any of VMWare, Hyper-V, AWS, or Azure) is desired
Other relevant skills needed:
• Good knowledge of Information Technology concepts in networking and security.
• Website design using Content Management System (WordPress) is a must-have.
• Self-organized and self-starter, able to take initiative and use discretion.
• Excellent and timely communication skills
• Ability to effectively communicate and transfer new concepts and knowledge to a large group of people.
Remuneration and Working Conditions
- A meaningful position with a lot of creative freedom in one of the country’s leading university.
- A competitive salary and other social benefits, based on the local realities of Cameroon.
- The future jobholder will adhere to ICT-U Cameroon’s and ICT-U Global values.
ICT-U Cameroon is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality and ethnic backgrounds, to apply for this position.
This is a full-time; ON-CAMPUS position. The previewed start date is October 3rd, 2022. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Fill the form below.
(Should you face any issue with the form, submit your application via email@example.com)