Associate Degree In Computer Science
This associate degree program targets a broad range of students interested in careers in Information Technology. It is intended that the degree articulate to Computer Science programs at four year U.S. institutions as well as other institutions worldwide. Specifically, students taking this AS program will be well qualified to transfer from the ICT University Campuses in developing nations to US institutions. This will of course differ from one US institution to another. The program shares curriculum with related courses from Business and Computer Networking to provide graduates with a diverse skill set.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
- Write and implement algorithms using a programming language of their choice to solve any problem;
- Write object-oriented programs;
- implement data structures in writing complex programs;
- Be fluent in two or more programming languages;
- Understand ethical and moral issues as related to Computer Science applications;
- Understand the computer’s architecture as it relates to Computer Science and,
- Have a strong base to become a life-long learner in the field of Computer Science.
Some students may need preparatory courses in the areas of English, mathematics, or typing/keyboarding. Courses numbered below 1000 will not apply toward this degree.
- A minimum grade of C must be earned in all Program Requirements.
- All Program Requirements must be completed at ICT-U.
- Courses within the 30-credit Program Requirements must be completed within 2 years. Students may petition to extend the window beyond the 2 years.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 in courses numbered 1000 or above at ICT-U.
- Students who have transferred to ICT-U must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 in combined ICT-U courses and accepted transfer courses.
- A minimum of 20 semester credits applied toward the degree must be taken from ICT-U.
- Completion of specific degree requirements. Total of 60 credits.
Students intending to transfer should first check the specific requirements of each US institution they intend to transfer to. The ICT University counselors are available to help students based on their individual circumstances.
Below is our Fee Structure elaborating all the amount of the respective programs, duration and course material fees: