Applicants for the research degrees (MPhil and Ph.D) are asked to bear in mind the following points when submitting their applications:
The formal application form must be completed.
Applicants must submit with their completed application form:
- an outline of their proposed research project (1500 words maximum)
The outline of the research project should comprise a number of sections that demonstrate your ability and suitability for a research program. These should include:
1) To which of the identified themed areas (if any) the proposal contributes:
- ICT for Development (ICT4D)
- ICT for Business/Electronic Business
- ICT for Education and Journalism
- ICT and Healthcare
- Internet and Society
- ICT and Poverty
- Open-source Technologies in Sub-Saharan Africa
- ICT in Government and Conflict Resolution
- ICT and Gender Development
- ICT Project Management and Sustainability
For a detailed outline of sub-topics under each theme, click here
2) Proposed Program of Research
This is the section where the candidate should lay out their proposed program of work detailing the problem, methodology, strengths and weaknesses of the proposal etc.
3) Proposed Outputs and Potential Impact
This section should summarize what you expect to generate during the course of the degree and impacts you expect it to have. This may also include potential dissemination strategies, the building up of a publications track record, and the development of a research field.
4) Timing (for PhD only)
This section should detail your proposed timetable for the PhD.
5) How the proposal might attract research funding (for PhD only)
Candidates should identify which part(s) of the research proposal would be suitable in generating an application for external funding, and potential sponsors.
The Proposal May be Outlined As:
- Research Topic/Title
- Research Background/Introduction
- Research Objectives and Research Questionpos
- Relevant Literature
- Research Methods
- Research Outputs
- Research Funding Potential
Applications should be addressed to:Admissions Office The ICT UniversityPO Box 86236Baton RougeLA 70879, USA